David Gage is a leader in the field of business mediation and the founder of BMC Associates. Dr. Gage has 20 years experience as a clinical psychologist and over 15 years experience as a mediator. In his clinical practice, he specialized in couples, family, and group therapy. He has spoken to bar associations and business and professional organizations locally and nationally, has been interviewed on radio and TV, written for the Washington Business Journal, Executive Excellence, Family Business, and was featured in the New York Times, Fortune, Nation’s Business, and The Washington Post. Dr. Gage’s book on effective partnerships, The Partnership Charter: How To Start Out Right With Your New Business Partnership (Or Fix The One You’re In), was published in July of 2004. He has served in the following roles:
- Founder and Director, BMC Associates. 1990-present.
- Clinical Psychologist Private Practice. Washington, D.C. 1981-present.
- Adjunct Professor, Kogod College of Business Administration, American University. Teaching courses on family-owned businesses. 1997-present.
- Co-owner and Director, Travel Horizons, Inc., Arlington, Virginia. 1980-present.
- Mediator, Mediation Trainer, and Consultant. Dispute Resolution Division, D.C. Superior Court. 1987-1995.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland. Supervised psychiatry residents in couples and family therapy. 1984-1988.
- Consultant, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C. Performed psychological evaluations and diagnoses. 1984-1987.
- Assistant Supervisor for Clinical Training, Family Therapy Practice Center of Washington. Supervised therapists in couples and family therapy. 1983-1987.
1983 Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
1975 B.A. with Distinction, Major in Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
1969-71 United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
Licensed Psychologist, Virginia and the District of Columbia
Member, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution
Member, Family Firm Institute
Member, American Psychological Association
Member, Maryland, District of Columbia, and Virginia Psychological Association
Member, American Bar Association, Section of Dispute Resolution